[CMCEmail] CMC Outing Next Week!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Oct 4 10:02:15 EDT 2018

CMC Members -

Death Valley to Mount Whitney biathlon next week!  Contact Bob Oppermann at
bobopp1 at yahoo.com for more information about this outing.

October 13th - 15th                 Saturday - Monday               Badwater
to Whitney Summit: Overnight Bike Ride and Day Hike

Affectionately known as "The Whitney Biathlon", this will be an interesting,
if not grueling, event. Powered mainly by our own legs (with an assist from
the bike), we will travel from the Lowest Point in the Continental USA to
the Highest Point in the Continental USA!

Day #1 we will get an early start at Badwater (elev. -282'), climb over two
4000' passes, and end the day in Lone Pine (~122 miles and 10,800'+
elevation gain.) Day #2 we will ride from Lone Pine to Whitney Portal (~13
miles and 4,600'+ elevation gain.) On Monday, we will hike the Whitney Trail
to the summit (~20 miles, 6,500'+ elevation gain.)

Group Size limited to eight, due to Whitney Permit limits. Cycling helmet
required during the ride. Logistics for meeting Friday night to be
determined.

If you have any interest please contact Bob Oppermann at
<mailto:bobopp1 at yahoo.com> bobopp1 at yahoo.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Bob Oppermann