[CMCEmail] CMC Arrow Peak and Mount Ruskin Outing Next Week!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Jul 31 23:47:26 EDT 2018

CMC Members -

Arrow Peak and Mount Ruskin Outing next week!  Contact Joe at
joewhite328 at gmail.com for more information about this outing.

August 9th - 12th                  Thursday - Sunday                 Arrow
Peak and Mount Ruskin

Do you enjoy scrambling and stars?  If so join me for an August attempt on
two California SPS Mountaineers Peaks. On Thursday we'll hike up and over
Taboose Pass to Bench Lake, approximately 11.5 miles with 6K of gain.
Friday we'll ascend Arrow Peak, likely by the Northeast Spur.  Saturday
we'll ascend Mount Ruskin by the Southwest slope, South Ridge, or East
Ridge.  Sunday will be the hike out and drive home.  This trip will include
Class 2-3+ scrambling.  Dates for the trip are during a new moon, so there
should be plenty of star gazing.  Send an email with experience/conditioning
to joewhite328 at gmail.com.  Note: this outing was originally submitted by
Chris Jakober, but a hand injury will prevent him from leading/participating
on the outing.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White