[CMCEmail] Another CMC Outing to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed Jul 11 09:57:39 EDT 2018

CMC Members,

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

July 30th - 31st                         Monday - Tuesday
Tenaya Canyon Descent

Tim Hoover and I (Asher Waxman) plan to meet in Yosemite Valley early Sunday
afternoon to set up a car shuttle to Tuolumne.

Early Monday morning (or Tuesday, if there's a reason to postpone, such as
weather) we plan to head down from Tenaya Lake and do the descent in one
day.  The route is 10 miles, -4000'. From Chris Brennen's write-up:
"Difficulties: Descent of steep rock slab, four rappels up to 70 ft., much
bouldering and down climbing, one pool swim."  It should take us 10-14 hours
at a moderate pace. This is a lovely and uncrowded way to experience some
Yosemite backcountry. From the Valley we'll drive back to Tuolumne and maybe
do a climb or hike up there.

No special experience is necessary to participate in this trip.  However,
all participants should be comfortable with un-roped and possibly exposed
scrambling on Yosemite granite.  Required gear is a helmet, harness, and
personal rappelling device.

Contact Tim (frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com) if you're interested (& copy me at:
amuirman at yahoo.com).  Excellent descriptions and reports are available
online at SummitPost & from Chris Brennen's sites.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Tim Hoover and Asher Waxman