[CMCEmail] R.J. Secor Memorial Hike

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sun Feb 11 14:50:19 EST 2018

R.J. Secor Memorial Hike

Sunday April 15th

Join us on a hike to Henniger Flats in Pasadena as a celebration of our
friend R. J. Secor's life. This moderate local climb from the mouth of Eaton
Canyon up the Mt. Wilson Toll Road was R. J.'s favorite local conditioning
hike.

Henniger Flats has picnic tables, restrooms, and a nature center. We plan to
have our celebration when we get to the Flats, so bring your R.J. stories,
memories and food and drink to share.

Expect a day's total of about 5.35 miles round trip with 1,300' of gain.
We'll leave from the Pinecrest trailhead at 8:00 am.  Parking is limited so
plan to carpool if you can. Some may want to park at the Eaton Canyon Nature
Center and carpool from there. Kids and dogs are welcome.

>From the 210 Freeway in Pasadena, exit on Lake Avenue. Turn north and
continue to Altadena Drive. Make a right, continue about ten blocks, and
look closely to your left. Turn left on Pinecrest Drive and wind a few
blocks through a residential area to the trailhead. You can also come up
Altadena Drive from the 210 Freeway past the Eaton Canyon Nature Center and
take a right on Crescent Drive and then another right on Pinecrest Drive The
trailhead is found in 2200 block of Pinecrest. You'll spot a lock gate where
the trail starts.

Email contact info to Leaders: Dan Richter at dan at danrichter.com or Asher
Waxman at  amuirman at yahoo.com.