[CMCEmail] Mt Grant Memorial Challenge Hike next week!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Aug 30 10:48:04 EDT 2018

CMC Members -

Mount Grant Memorial Challenge Hike next week, benefitting the VFW Veteran's
Park.  Contact Sean at casserly79 at gmail.com if interested.

September 8th                 Saturday                    Mt Grant Memorial
Challenge

We challenge you to climb the highest peak in Mineral County, Nevada, as a
tribute to those who lost their lives on 9/11.  This is a rare opportunity
to climb 17 miles of some of the most pristine lands in the region and
ascend 7000 feet to the summit of Mt. Grant. When you reach the peak you
will receive finisher's award, recognition on the website and a breathtaking
view at 11,239 feet. The location for the 9/11 Challenge is situated in the
high desert of Nevada and near the community of Hawthorne; known as
"America's Patriotic Home." Proceeds from this event will benefit the VFW
Veteran's Park.

This is led by a third party organization and is an "unofficial" CMC trip.
That being said, I think it's a great opportunity to get our members out
hiking together. The cost is $50 per person and you must register online.
Contact Sean Casserly at  <mailto:casserly79 at gmail.com> casserly79 at gmail.com
if interested.

Memorial Challenge website:   <http://911memorialmt.grantchallenge.org/>
http://911memorialmt.grantchallenge.org/

UNOFFICIAL LEADER/ORGANIZER: Sean Casserly