[CMCEmail] Two CMC Outings This Weekend!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Feb 20 11:22:29 EST 2017

CMC Members,

Two different CMC Outings to choose from this weekend!  Rock climbing in the
Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, or a peak climb in Joshua Tree National Park!
There's still time to get on one of these outings!

February 25th - 26th                        Saturday - Sunday
Alabama Hills Climbing

No need to stop climbing just because it's winter. The Alabama Hills have a
very moderate climate and sunny routes that allow climbing through the
winter months. Why Alabama Hills? Joshua Tree granite, sport climbing ethos,
no crowds, and spectacular scenery. This is what climbing at Alabama Hills
is all about. The routes range from roughly 5.6 to 5.12, with the majority
in the range of 5.8 to 5.10.  The approaches are short as the climbing tends
to be quite near the parking areas. Facilities consist of tent sites with
picnic tables, fire rings, barbeques and pit toilets. There may not be water
(I'm not sure if it stays on during the winter) so bring whatever you need
to be safe. On our previous CMC trip here, we stayed in a group and
practiced leading. That option is available if anyone is interested,
otherwise we'll just do whatever makes sense.

This trip is open to anyone regardless of skill or experience. Standard
personal gear, including harness and helmet are required.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at vyahoo.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover

February 25th-26th                       Saturday-Sunday
Eagle Mountain (5,350')

Camping on BLM land south of Joshua Tree National Park Saturday night.
Early start on Sunday morning at Lost Palm Oasis Trial.  From there
cross-country to a big canyon on the west face of the peak.  Scramble up the
main wash past a plateau to the summit.  Contact Brian at
<mailto:brian306 at gmail.com> brian306 at gmail.com for more information.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Brian Beach