[CMCEmail] CMC Outing Next Weekend!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sun Apr 30 10:50:26 EDT 2017

CMC Members-

Here's an opportunity to ski/board, or climb Lassen Peak next weekend!
Email Chris Jakober ( <mailto:jakecattleco at yahoo.com>
jakecattleco at yahoo.com) to find out more about this outing.

May 6th -7th                Saturday and/or Sunday                  Lassen
Peak BC Skiing/Boarding

Do you enjoy Cascade volcanoes in the Spring?  Better yet, do you love corn
snow turns with minimal approach?  If so join me for a trip to Lassen
National Park to take advantage of a healthy snowpack.  The park road is
being cleared from the North entrance to the Devastated Area.  With any
luck, they will open the road to vehicle traffic soon.  That means the NE
face may be fair game for some skiing/boarding.  My plan is to drive to the
Devastated Area parking lot on Friday evening.  Spend both Saturday and
Sunday car camping and earning some turns on the NE face and possibly the
North slope of Lassen.  To get an idea of what this trip will entail, here's
a link from the same trip a couple years ago
<http://splitboard.com/talk/topic/lassen-ne-face-58-1009/>
http://splitboard.com/talk/topic/lassen-ne-face-58-1009/.  While the main
emphasis of the trip is to get some great Spring corn turns, if folks are
interested in simply climbing the peak feel free to join in the fun.  This
trip will include snow/ice travel up to 45 degrees.  Send an email with
experience/conditioning to  <mailto:jakecattleco at yahoo.com>
jakecattleco at yahoo.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober