[CMCEmail] New CMC Outings Added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Mar 29 00:18:40 EDT 2016

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

Apr 16 - ???                          Saturday-???
Zion Canyoneering

Join me for a post-tax day, spring canyoneering adventure in Zion National
Park. The canyons we do will be decided by the skill and interest of the
participants. Ideally, we would do a multiday backpack and canyon, either
the Right Fork of Great West Canyon, or Parunuweap Canyon as well as some
single day canyons, but the participants will decide.  Feel free to join us
for all, or part of the trip. Participants should be in appropriate physical
condition for whatever they chose, and be comfortable rappelling and
downclimbing modest but unprotected drops. Canyoneering experience is not
required, but required gear includes a helmet, wetsuit, and personal
rapelling gear. All this can be rented, if needed, in Springdale, just
outside the park.

Our backpack will take 3 days. After that, I will be around Zion for as long
as anyone wants to descend canyons or go hiking.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover

Apr 24th - 26th                        Sunday-Tuesday
Southern Utah Canyoneering

Our main objective is a casual, three day backpack of Coyote Gulch in
Escalante. After that, if anyone wants to do technical canyons, I will be
available as long as needed. Coyote Gulch is reputed to be a beautiful hike
down a deep canyon (gulch?) with arches, bridges, and a year-round stream.
Our focus will be more on photography and enjoying the scenery rather than
technical difficulty. I have never done this hike, but I am fairly familiar
with the area. The possibilities for sightseeing, photography, and
canyoneering are extensive. There is no special gear needed for the
backpack.

If anyone would like to extend the trip and do some canyoneering, standard
canyoneering gear would be needed. Canyoneering experience is not required.
There is a wide range of canyons in the area, from beginner-friendly, to
very serious. Our choices will be decided by the participants.

If interested contact Tim Hoover: frisbeedog02 at yahoo.com

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Tim Hoover