[CMCEmail] Mexican Volcanoes - Orizaba

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Dec 13 23:09:18 EST 2016

CMC Members-

The following outing dates have changed:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

January 21st - 28th, 2017                       Saturday - Saturday
Mexican Volcanoes 3.1

Climb Orizaba in the new year - offering this one up yet once again.

This is an affordable way to get up high and will be using local OMG

guides because, well my Spanish is no bueno.

Must be proficient with all aspects of glacier travel. Have appropriate
fitness for an 18K+ peak to ensure a safe and successful journey.

-          Day 1: Transport from any hotel in Mexico city to our lodge San
Miguel Zoapan, dinner and lodging.

-          Day 2: Transport to south face of Orizaba for climb of Sierra
Negra and return to the lodge, lunch, dinner and lodging.

-          Day 3: Transport to Piedra Grande hut .

-          Day 4: Hiking day to 15,700 feet and return to the hut.

-          Day 5: Orizaba summit day!!

-          Day 6: Breakfast and transport to Teotihuacan Pyramids and later
to your hotel.

If interested, send email with experience/conditioning to Dennis at
denjwass at gmail.com.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Dennis Wasserman