[CMCEmail] New CMC Outing added!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Dec 24 00:11:38 EST 2015

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note:  for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

February 13th - 14th              Saturday - Sunday                Desert
Wilderness Highpoints

Joint Outing CMC and DPS outing.  Join us for climbs of four Desert
Wilderness Highpoints north of the Mojave National Preserve.  Silver Lake
Benchmark (3773'), Pahrump Valley Wilderness High Point (5151'), North
Mesquite Mountains Wilderness High Point (4701') and Keany Benchmark-Nth
Peak (5381').  Saturday - we'll first climb the high point of the Hollow
Hills Wilderness, north-east of Baker, CA (5 miles r/t, 1200'), then travel
east on Hwy 15 to climb the high point of the Pahrump Valley Wilderness (1.4
miles r/t, 800').  Sunday - we'll climb the high point of the North Mesquite
Mountains Wilderness (3.8 miles r/t, 1120'), just west of the CA-NV border
and then Keany Benchmark-Nth Peak, the high point of the adjacent Mesquite
Wilderness (1.8 miles r/t, 600'). Class 2 xc travel. 4WD/HC vehicles may be
needed to drive to TH. Traditional desert potluck on Saturday night. Contact
Daryn for trip details at: daryn.dodge at oehha.ca.gov .

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Daryn Dodge, Kathy Rich.