[CMCEmail] New CMC trips added to the schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Jan 7 22:43:35 EST 2014

CMC Members-

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

March 8th -9th Saturday - Sunday
Mojave Desert

Moderate day-hikes of Sidewinder Mountain (5,273') and Fairview Mountain
(4,329') in the southwestern Mojave with lots of cross country scrambling.

Contact leader at: <mailto:terryjflood at gmail.com> terryjflood at gmail.com.

Leader: Terry Flood Asst. Leader: Henry Arnebold

April 26th & 27th Saturday - Sunday
Mt. Mary Austin 13,051ft.

One of the few mountains in the Sierra named after a woman. Mary Austin ,
an author, lived most of her life in Independence, CA (1868-1934). Saturday
morning we will approach via Baxter Pass trailhead. From the trailhead we
will make our way up to near Summit Meadow (10,000 ft) and set up camp.
Sunday morning we will climb the North Couloir (class 2-3) to
the summit. After we summit we will return, break camp and head out.
Approximately 12 miles round trip with 7,016 elevation gain. Ice Axe,
crampons and snow shoe proficiency required. Send email with experience to:
jlorenzen1 at cox.net Leader/Organizer: Jan Lorenzen

May 9th -10th Friday - Sunday
Mount Perkins, Colosseum Mountain & ?

A nice concentration of peaks in this area gives us some options. Perkins
and Colosseum will be the main objectives with possible options for Wynne
and Pinchot and or Cedric Wright. Interested participants should be
proficient in the use of ice axes and crampons and be in good physical
shape. Please send email with recent experience and conditioning to the
leaders.

Leaders/Organizers: Paul Morash ( <mailto:climberpm at yahoo.com>
climberpm at yahoo.com), Ron Norton ( <mailto:rsnorton473 at gmail.com>
rsnorton473 at gmail.com)

July 4th - 7th Friday - Monday
Deerhorn Mountain 13,265 ft.

The plans are to climb the NE Ridge (Class 3-4) or North Buttress of
Deerhorn Mountain (class 3) and the north ridge of Mount Stanford (class 3).
We will be going in over Kearsarge Pass to Bullfrog Lake trails to the John
Muir Trail. We will leave the trail in Vidette Meadow and hike cross-country
up the Vidette Creek drainage to the base of the peak. Round trip stats from
the Onion Valley trailhead are approximately 27 miles and 8,500 feet of
gain. Contact Jan Lorenzen: <mailto:jlorenzen1 at cox.net>
jlorenzen1 at cox.net

Leader/Organizer: Jan Lorenzen