[CMCEmail] New outing added

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sat Apr 26 10:30:36 EDT 2014

CMC Members-

The following outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

July 25th - 27th Friday-Sunday Kearsarge Peak,
University Peak, and Summer Friends/Family Membership Outing

Join us for some fun peak bagging day hikes, and car camping! This year's
annual CMC Summer Outing location will be in the Eastern Sierra, west of
Independence, at the Onion Valley Campground. We have four campsites
reserved for Friday and Saturday night. Each site has space for 6 people
and 1 vehicle, and additional parking is available for a $5.00 fee, or park
for free at the backpacker parking lot. Friday - climb Kearsarge Peak
(12,598') via Lilley Pass (class 2), and Saturday climb University Peak
(13,632') via the Southeast Ridge (class 2). Other possible day hikes from
Onion Valley are Independence (11,744'), Gould (13,005'), and Dragon
(12,955'). Not interested in peak bagging? You can go rock climbing,
hiking, mountain biking, fishing, site seeing, or just hang out in camp.
Friends and family are welcome, but MUST be accompanied by a CMC member.
Please contact Joe at joewhite328 at gmail.com and/or Henry at
harnebold at gmail.com for additional information.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Henry Arnebold

NOTE: The Polemonium trip scheduled for the same weekend has been canceled -
no permits.