[CMCEmail] New CMC trip added to the schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Oct 28 23:15:51 EDT 2013

CMC Members-

Another outing has just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

March 14-16 or April 11-13 Friday-Sunday
Shasta: Casaval Ridge

Have you always wanted to climb Mt. Shasta? Perhaps in the winter/spring
with near full-moon illumination? If interested, please join me for a
winter or early spring ascent of Mt. Shasta via Casaval Ridge. I am
targeting a weekend near the full moon in either March or April, with the
exact weekend determined by: A) interest, or B) weather/conditions. The
itinerary is as follows: Thursday evening travel to Bunny Flat and car camp
in the parking lot. Friday ascend to approximately 10,000 and make camp.
Saturday climb to the summit and return to camp. Sunday finish the descent
and drive home. This trip includes snow/ice climbing up to 40ish degrees,
additional route information is available from
http://www.summitpost.org/casaval-ridge/155538. Note, I live approximately
10 minutes from the airport in Sacramento, so if you would like to fly in, I
can assist with travel to some degree. Please send an email with
experience/conditioning to <mailto:chris.jakober at gmail.com>
chris.jakober at gmail.com.
LEADER/ORGANIZER: Chris Jakober