[CMCEmail] Deja vu

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed Jan 23 00:46:28 EST 2013

A similar thing happened about 8 years ago. Remember?

I think he probably slipped on ice from the steeper sections. I don't know how far he fell but I learned from reports that his body was discovered before 11 am. He was a very early hiker and there weren't very many people up that high yet. There were no witnesses to this accident. He had visible head trauma, a terribly broken leg, and a great deal of blood loss. An ice ax was not found with him, although he could have lost it along the way. With that much blood loss, he died after he stopped rolling. If he had been with a companion, he may have had a chance.

Tracy