[CMCEmail] CMC Outings Added To The Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Sep 25 22:21:48 EDT 2012

CMC Members-

The following outings have just been added to the schedule:

---------------------

Oct 5-7 Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree

Come on out for a weekend of climbing in Joshua Tree. With over 8,000
routes, there's plenty to do! We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday
night which allows for 3 days of climbing - feel free to join us for any or
all of the days. Ideally, participants will have partners arranged in
advance - let me know if you need help lining up a partner. We may also
climb as a group on Saturday - we can make that call once we see what
everyone wants to do. Parking will be limited, so carpooling is strongly
encouraged.

To reserve a camping spot, send email to the organizer:
rsnorton473 at yahoo.com.

ORGANIZER: Ron Norton

Oct. 27-28 Saturday - Sunday
Death Valley Peaks

Some easy to moderate peaks in the Darwin Hills area within Death Valley
with some dirt road driving involved. Moderate climbs of Ophir Mountain
(6,010') and Darwin benchmark (5,979') would be day-hikes with some
cross-country scrambling.

LEADER: Terry Flood Contact leader at: <mailto:terryjflood at gmail.com>
terryjflood at gmail.com.

Nov. 2-4 Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree

Come on out for a weekend of climbing in Joshua Tree. With over 8,000
routes, there's plenty to do! We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday
night which allows for 3 days of climbing - feel free to join us for any or
all of the days. Ideally, participants will have partners arranged in
advance - let me know if you need help lining up a partner. We may also
climb as a group on Saturday - we can make that call once we see what
everyone wants to do. Parking will be limited, so carpooling is strongly
encouraged.

To reserve a camping spot, send email to the organizer:
rsnorton473 at yahoo.com.

ORGANIZER: Ron Norton

November 24 Saturday
Bailey Canyon

Who's up for some local canyoneering? Bailey Canyon is above Altadena in
the San Gabriel Mountains and will afford about 12 rappels. The hike to the
drop in point is 2 miles on well maintained trail. The rappels are between
25 and 90 feet with a short section of free rappel on one. No prior
canyoneering experience is necessary although you should have solid
rappelling skills. Harness, helmet and some sort of safety tether (for
clipping to the anchor while rigging for rappel) are required and you might
want gloves depending on your preference. You may get your feet wet so bring
appropriate footwear. The trailhead is at Altadena's Grove Park and we will
provide driving directions before the event. We will meet there at 7:30
a.m. Participants are limited to 10 including the two leaders.

Send email to Augie ( <mailto:amedina463 at gmail.com> amedina463 at gmail.com) or
Kathy ( <mailto:kathrynarich at gmail.com> kathrynarich at gmail.com).

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Augie Medina and Kathy Rich

Nov. 30 - Dec. 2 Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree

Come on out for a weekend of climbing in Joshua Tree. With over 8,000
routes, there's plenty to do! We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday
night which allows for 3 days of climbing - feel free to join us for any or
all of the days. Ideally, participants will have partners arranged in
advance - let me know if you need help lining up a partner. We may also
climb as a group on Saturday - we can make that call once we see what
everyone wants to do. Parking will be limited, so carpooling is strongly
encouraged.

To reserve a camping spot, send email to the organizer:
rsnorton473 at yahoo.com.

ORGANIZER: Ron Norton

January 12th - 13th Saturday - Sunday
Lee Vining Ice

Ice climbing at Lee Vining. Meet at 7:00 am at Nicely's restaurant in Lee
Vining. Sunday will be rock climbing in the Alabama Hills. Typically we
rent rooms at the Lake View Lodge. As the trip gets closer I will send
details regarding the accommodations that are available. For more
information contact Jan Lorenzen <mailto:jlorenzen1 at cox.net>
jlorenzen1 at cox.net LEADER/ORGANIZER: Jan Lorenzen

February 2nd Saturday
Goat Canyon Trestle Trek

Tucked away in the southern end of the Anza-Borrego Desert is an engineering
marvel that, due to its remoteness, has only been viewed by a relatively
small number of people. The Goat Canyon trestle was built in 1932 after an
earthquake collapsed one of the 17 tunnels of the "Impossible Railroad" in
the Carrizo Gorge section of the San Diego and Arizona Railway. At 200 feet
tall and 750 feet long, it remains to this day the longest, tallest curved
wooden trestle ever built in the United States. LEADER/ORGANIZER: Jan
Lorenzen email: <mailto:jlorenzen1 at cox.net> jlorenzen1 at cox.net

Feb 15 - 17 Friday - Sunday
Joshua Tree

Come on out for a weekend of climbing in Joshua Tree. With over 8,000
routes, there's plenty to do! We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday
night which allows for 3 days of climbing - feel free to join us for any or
all of the days. Ideally, participants will have partners arranged in
advance - let me know if you need help lining up a partner. We may also
climb as a group on Saturday - we can make that call once we see what
everyone wants to do. Parking will be limited, so carpooling is strongly
encouraged.

To reserve a camping spot, send email to the organizer:
rsnorton473 at yahoo.com.

ORGANIZER: Ron Norton

Apr. 5-7 Friday - Sunday