[CMCEmail] CMC Schedule

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sun Nov 14 22:35:01 EST 2010

NOTE: IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE ON A CMC OUTING YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE
CMC

November 19 – 20 Friday- Saturday Alabama Hills
Come join us for day of rock climbing in the scenic Alabama Hills. Lots of
moderate sport routes and a few trad routes should keep everyone busy. Camp
Friday night at the Tuttle Creek BLM campground. Contact Ron (
<mailto:rsnorton473 at yahoo.com> rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) for details.
LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton and Brian Beach

December 3th -5th Friday/Sunday Joshua Tree

Rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Our focus is always on safety
and having fun! We continually are able to find a variety climbs for rock
leaders and for those who just want to top rope. This gives everyone plenty
to work on at their own pace. Dinner at Edchadas and a campfire Saturday
night at our Indian Cove group campsite. Parking will be limited on this
trip, so carpooling is a must. Send SASE with experience or e-mail Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Ron Norton

January 15th – 16th Saturday – Sunday
Mojave Desert

Moderate class 1-2 climb of the highpoint of Clipper Mountain (4,593’)
while camping at Hole-in-the-Wall Campground in the Mojave National
Preserve. Contact leader at <mailto:terryjflood at gmail.com>
terryjflood at gmail.com.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Terry Flood and Henry Arnebold

January 22nd Saturday
San Gorgonio Snow Day

Grab your skis, snowshoes, or split board, and join me for a fun day of
winter conditioning while touring the San Gorgonio Wilderness. We will meet
at the South Fork Trailhead, and depending on conditions, we’ll either head
for Dry Lake, or the north slope/couloir on Charlton Peak. Send e-mail with
experience and conditioning to Joe at <mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net>
josephlwhite at earthlink.net. LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White

February 18th -20th Friday/Sunday
Joshua Tree

Rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Our focus is always on safety
and having fun! We continually are able to find a variety climbs for rock
leaders and for those who just want to top rope. This gives everyone plenty
to work on at their own pace. Dinner at Edchadas and a campfire Saturday
night at our Indian Cove group campsite. Parking will be limited on this
trip, so carpooling is a must. Send SASE with experience or e-mail Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Ron Norton

March 4th- 6th Friday - Sunday
Winter Membership Outing

This year’s Winter Membership Outing snow camp will be held in Sardine
Canyon, just north of Onion Valley Road. Join us for one, two or three days
of snow camping, practicing snow skills, and/or skiing and snowshoeing. We
plan to practice snow anchors, ice axe arrest, “Z” and “C” crevasse rescue
systems, roped team travel and fixed line travel. From a turnout two miles
above Seven Pines at 7,100’ on Onion Valley Road you will have the option to
hike, snowshoe, or ski, ¾ mile over easy level terrain to our snow camp in
Sardine Canyon. Send email with experience/conditioning to Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White, Jan Lorenzen, Tom Ritchie, Ron Norton

March 18th -20th Saturday/Sunday
Joshua Tree

Rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Our focus is always on safety
and having fun! We continually are able to find a variety climbs for rock
leaders and for those who just want to top rope. This gives everyone plenty
to work on at their own pace. Dinner at Edchadas and a campfire Saturday
night at our Sheep Pass group campsite. Parking will be limited on this
trip, so carpooling is a must. Send SASE with experience or e-mail Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Jan Lorenzen

April 8th -10th Saturday/Sunday
Joshua Tree

Rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Our focus is always on safety
and having fun! We continually are able to find a variety climbs for rock
leaders and for those who just want to top rope. This gives everyone plenty
to work on at their own pace. Dinner at Edchadas and a campfire Saturday
night at our Indian Cove group campsite. Parking will be limited on this
trip, so carpooling is a must. Send SASE with experience or e-mail Joe at
<mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net> josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White and Jan Lorenzen

May 13th -15th Friday-Sunday
Mary Austin (13,040’)

Join me for this splendid spring snow climb in the Sierra. Friday backpack
in and set up camp above Summit Meadow. Saturday climb the North Couloir on
Mary Austin (13,040’). Sunday, break camp, hike out and drive home. 12+/-
total miles, with 7,000’+ total gain. Ice axe and crampons required. Note:
Depending on the group, we may hike out on Saturday afternoon, to allow for
breakfast at the Alabama Hills Cafe Sunday morning. Send email with
experience/conditioning to Joe White at <mailto:josephlwhite at earthlink.net>
josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White