[CMCEmail] Ontario Peak Outing!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed Mar 3 22:49:25 EST 2010

March 20th Saturday
Ontario Peak

It’s time to get the rust off of those crampons, and get into the winter
climbing season! Falling Rock Canyon is the most direct route to the summit
of Ontario Peak, and a nice simulation of a Sierra peak. We’ll hike barely
¼-mile into Icehouse Canyon before we cross the creek and head into the
canyon. Snow level will determine where we put on our crampons. Ice-ax and
crampons are required, and snow shoes may also be needed. (We’ll make that
call at the trailhead.) For those of you who are going on the Whitney trip
next week, this may be your last chance to warm up with a nice little climb,
so come join us! Send email experience and conditioning to Bob at
<mailto:bobopp1 at yahoo.com> bobopp1 at yahoo.com or Dave at
<mailto:davidjhankins at verizon.net> davidjhankins at verizon.net

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Bob Oppermann and David Hankins