[CMCEmail] Banff Mountain Film Festival in Southern California!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed Mar 3 14:03:14 EST 2010

Hi Everyone!

As many of you know, I am a Volunteer Ranger with the San Gorgonio Wilderness. Its time again for us to host the Banff Mountain Film Festival!!!.So mark your Calendars for Wednesday March 31, 2010 7 pm.  Redlands High School Clock Theater.  For those of you that have been in the past it’s a no brainer to attend again.  For those of you who haven’t attended WHY NOT!.

The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is the largest single fundraising event that the SGWA puts on. Hosted in Redlands by the San Gorgonio Wilderness Association, the films presented are independent films that won awards at the 2009 Banff Mountain Film Festival, held in Banff.  There will be more than two hours of high energy entertainment featuring mountain biking, skiing, rock climbing and more.  Last year’s event was a huge success with over 700 wildly enthusiastic participants. This year we're hoping to break 1,000 participants; if we could do that, then we may be rewarded with a two-night event that would allow us to host over a weekend.

This year SGWA is offering a free ticket for new or returning contributing members.  For more information and to order tickets on line go to our web site at www.sgwa.org.

See you there!

- Bob Oppermann