[CMCEmail] Cottonwood Pass to Whitney Portal

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Sat Jun 19 18:17:26 EDT 2010

June 25th - 27th Friday - Sunday Cottonwood
Pass to Whitney Portal

This trip will require a car shuttle which will happen Thursday evening so
we can leave by 7:00AM Friday. We will head up Cottonwood Pass then take a
right turn and head cross country over Trailmaster Peak, Peak 12,525, Cirque
Peak and on to Langley (14,026). We will spend Friday night at Soldier
Lake. Saturday we will hike to Guitar Lake (11,600), approx 14 miles.
Sunday we will go up to Trail Crest, drop the packs and climb Mt. Muir
(14,015) and then to Mt. Whitney (14,496). Head back, pick up packs and
descend to Whitney Portal. ( 3rd & 4th class climbing). Send email
to:jlorenzen1 at cox.net

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Jan Lorenzen