[CMCEmail] Mount Langley - private trip.

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Jun 3 18:10:54 EDT 2010

Hello All,

New provisional member, Anthony "Tony" McClaren writing to see if anyone is
interested in the following-

Mount Langley- 14,026 feet. Southern most CA 14er. Old Army Pass Route

1. Depart Los Angeles by 1800 hrs on Friday, June 25th.
2. Arrive Mount Langley Trailhead approximately 2300 hrs.
3. Leave Trailhead 0400 hrs on June 26.
4. Top Mount Langley via Old Army Pass (the "yak" route). Its supposed to
be 11 miles one way (21 miles round trip), mild elevation gain, so estimate
7 - 10 hrs up, return time between 5 - 7 hrs, so total climb estimate 12 -
17 hrs. Not likely any faster for this climber :)
5. Arrive back at car between 1600 and 2100 hrs.
6. Drive home, arrive between 2100 hrs and 0200 hrs Saturday or Sunday.

I was planning a solo journey, but then the South Face has some wonderful
looking trad climb opportunities. Caveat- I am happy to lead a couple
bomber 5.8s or less, but you must have the rack ;)

Or, if you just want a good challenge, lets knock the bastard off together!

Cheers,

Tony

PS- First time posting to CMC list serve, so if necessary, my email address
is akm313 at hotmail.com.