[CMCEmail] New Outings added to the Schedule!

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Fri Jan 8 10:58:26 EST 2010

CMC Members,

The following outing(s) have just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website (
<http://californiamountaineer.net/> http://californiamountaineer.net/)

May 21st - 23rd Friday - Sunday
LeConte to Corcoran Traverse

A snow climb/ 3rd class scramble up 2 southern Sierra peaks. Friday,
backpack/bushwhack up Tuttle Creek to a campsite near 10,400 Ft. (~4 miles
and 3500 ft. of gain). Saturday, we'll get an early start for our climbing
objectives. General approach will be to gain the ridge between the 2 peaks
via one of the eastern couloirs and then attempt both summits from there.
Final climbing route(s) will be determined based on conditions. This will
be a strenuous trip. Participants must be in very good physical condition
and be comfortable with exposed class 3 climbing. Send email with recent
climbing experience, and conditioning to Ron (rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) or Paul
(climberpm at yahoo.com). LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton/ Paul Morash

September 23rd - 26th Thursday - Sunday
North Palisade, Polemonium

and Starlight Peak

Here's a chance to climb three (3) 14ers in a day from the scenic Upper
Palisade Basin. Thursday, backpack over Bishop Pass and set up camp in
Upper Dusy Basin - we'll stop to climb Mt. Agassiz along the way. Friday,
move camp to the upper Palisade Basin. Saturday, climb to the U-Notch via
the southwest chute (cl. 4) and attempt Polemonium Peak (5.2) and then North
Palisade via the Chimney route (5.4). Finish up with a traverse over to
Starlight Peak (5.5 summit block). Descend via the northwest chute. Sunday
hike out. Participants must be in excellent physical condition and capable
of handling the climbing conditions that will be encountered. Send email
with recent climbing experience, and conditioning to Ron
(rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) or Paul (climberpm at yahoo.com). LEADERS/ORGANIZERS :
Ron Norton and Paul Morash