[CMCEmail] LeConte/Corcoran Outing

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Apr 5 09:51:11 EDT 2010

May 21st - 23rd Friday - Sunday
LeConte to Corcoran Traverse

A snow climb/ 3rd class scramble up 2 southern Sierra peaks. Friday,
backpack/bushwhack up Tuttle Creek to a campsite near 10,400 Ft. (~4 miles
and 3500 ft. of gain). Saturday, we'll get an early start for our climbing
objectives. General approach will be to gain the ridge between the 2 peaks
via one of the eastern couloirs and then attempt both summits from there.
Final climbing route(s) will be determined based on conditions. This will
be a strenuous trip. Participants must be in very good physical condition
and be comfortable with exposed class 3 climbing. Send email with recent
climbing experience, and conditioning to Ron (
<mailto:rsnorton473 at yahoo.com> rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) or Paul (
<mailto:climberpm at yahoo.com> climberpm at yahoo.com).

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton/ Paul Morash