[CMCEmail] Mt. Russell on October 4

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Thu Sep 10 10:05:23 EDT 2009

Fellow CMC members:

I am planning on climbing the east ridge of Mt. Russell on Sunday, October 4. Let me know if you are interested. I will drive up on Saturday and spend the night in Lone Pine, Whitney Portal, or somewhere nearby. I will start hiking by the light of the full moon in the pre-dawn hours of Sunday. Then I'll drive back to SoCal that night.

Note: this is not a guided or beginner's-level trip. You should be self-sufficient on all aspects of this trip, including routefinding and scrambling unroped on exposed third class terrain at 14,000 feet.

Sam Page
jsamuelpage at earthlink.net