[CMCEmail] New Outings added to schedule

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Tue Nov 17 22:14:11 EST 2009

CMC Members-
The following outings have just been added to the schedule:
Note: for the complete outings schedule, visit our website
(http://californiamountaineer.net)

May 14th - 16th Friday-Monday
Lone Pine and Mallory

Join Brian and me for a three day weekend of climbing fun in the Meysan Lake
area. This trip will provide an opportunity to climb Lone Pine Peak
(12,944'), and Mallory (13,850'). Friday, backpack in and set up camp near
Meysan Lake, and climb Lone Pine Peak. Saturday, climb Mallory. Sunday,
break camp, hike out and drive home. Ice axe, crampons and helmet required.
Note: Depending on the group, we may hike out on Saturday afternoon, to
allow for rock climbing in the Alabama Hills Sunday morning. Send email
with experience/conditioning to Joe White at josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Brian Beach and Joe White

September 8th -12th Wednesday-Sunday
Thunderbolt/Polemonium

Join me for some climbing fun and adventure, and an opportunity to climb two
fourteeners, heading west over Bishop Pass, and into the upper Palisade
Basin. Wednesday, backpack in and set up camp in upper Dusy Basin just
north of Thunderbolt Pass. Thursday, backpack into the upper Palisade Basin
north of Barrett Lakes and climb Columbine (12,652') via the Northeast Slope
(class 2). Friday, climb Thunderbolt (14,000'), via the Southwest Chute #1
(class 3). Saturday, climb Polemonium (14,000') via the top of the U-Notch
(5.2). Sunday, break camp, hike out and drive home. Harness, helmet and
ATC required. Send email with experience/conditioning to Joe at
josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Joe White