[CMCEmail] New CMC outings added

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Wed May 20 09:41:29 EDT 2009

CMC Members,

Eight new outings have been added (see below) to the existing outings
schedule. For a complete list of all the outings, check out the CMC website
http://californiamountaineer.com/.

NEW OUTINGS:

July 12th
Sunday Trailmaster and Cirque Peaks

Up Trailmaster Peak, over Peak 12,525, and on to Cirque Peak; return by a
different route. Class 2, with a little bit of 3 on the Peak 12,525 summit
block. Great views, especially of Mt. Langley and the Cottonwoods. Car
camp Saturday night, to get a decent start on Sunday. It's not a strenuous
trip, but you need to be in good condition. Tell me about yourself at
rockwellb at yahoo.com

LEADER/ORGANIZAER: Bob Rockwell

August 14th-16th Friday - Sunday
Thunderbolt to Sill Traverse

Here's the deal. Paul and I are looking for 2 others to join us on this
classic alpine traverse. Friday backpack into a base camp near the
Thunderbolt Glacier. Saturday we will head up the glacier and attempt
Thunderbolt, Starlight, North Palisade, Polemonium and Sill. Sunday hike
out. Participants must be in excellent physical condition and capable of
handling the climbing conditions that will be encountered. Send email with
recent climbing experience, and conditioning to Ron (rsnorton473 at yahoo.com)
or Paul (climberpm at yahoo.com).

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS : Ron Norton and Paul Morash

August 22nd-23rd Saturday/Sunday
Middle Palisade (14,012')-NE Face

Join us to climb Middle Palisade situated in the center of the highest
continuous ridge along the Sierra Crest. We will pack in on Saturday
morning from Glacier Lodge trailhead along the South Fork of Big Pine Creek
trail and set up camp near Finger Lake. Early Sunday morning our route to
the peak will be the 3d class Northeast Face. Upon our descent, we will
break camp and head back to the trailhead and home. Helmet, ice axe and
crampons required for this outing, as well as good conditioning. We are
limiting the outing to 6 participants including the 2 leaders. Send email
with experience and recent conditioning work to Brian Beach and Augie Medina
at brian306 at gmail.com and amedina364 at aol.com

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Brian Beach and Augie Medina

Sept 11th-13th Friday - Sunday
Parsons Peak / Amelia Earhart

Climb these two Yosemite Peaks out of Tuolumne Meadow. Parsons Peak is the
7th highest county summit at 12040' (Mariposa County). We'll pack in on
Friday, climb both peaks on Saturday, and be out on Sunday for an early
drive home. Send SASE or e-mail to Henry

LEADER/ORGANIZER: Henry Arnebold

September 10th -13th Thursday-Sunday
North Palisade/Agassiz

Join me for some climbing fun and adventure, and an opportunity to climb
fourteener, heading west over Bishop Pass, and into the upper Palisade
Basin. Thursday, backpack in and set up camp in upper Dusy Basin west of
Bishop Pass. Friday, climb Agassiz (13,893'), via the West Slope (class 2),
break camp and backpack into the upper Palisade Basin north of Barrett
Lakes. Saturday, climb North Palisade (14,242'), via the classic Chimney
Variation (5.4). Sunday, break camp, hike out and drive home. Send email
with experience/conditioning to Joe at josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Joe White

September 19th Saturday
Mount McAdie

A day hike of Mt. McAdie from Whitney Portal via Arc Pass (class 3). If the
weather cooperates, we'll have the option of climbing in the Alabama Hills
on Sunday. Car camp on Saturday night. Send email with recent climbing
experience, and conditioning to Ron (rsnorton473 at yahoo.com) or Paul
(climberpm at yahoo.com).

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton/ Paul Morash

March 25th - 28th Thursday - Sunday
Mount Whitney Winter Ascent

This trip will provide an opportunity for a winter ascent of Mount Whitney
(14,491') via the Mountaineer's Route. Depending on the snow level, we will
need to hike/snowshoe at least 1-2 miles up the road to the trailhead. To
accommodate short winter days and heavy winter packs our approach to Iceberg
Lake will take two days. We plan to summit on the third day, and snowshoe
out/drive home on the fourth day. Snowshoes, ice axe and crampons required.
Send email experience and conditioning to Joe at josephlwhite at earthlink.net
or Tom at tritchie at rkmattorneys.com. LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Tom Ritchie and
Joe White

April 15th-19th Thursday-Monday
White Mountain (14,246')

This is a classic high-altitude winter mountaineering ski traverse. We will
attempt (our second try!) a multi-day ski trip to the summit of White
Mountain from Westgard Pass. Skiers only. Depending on snow conditions and
road accessibility, 40 to 50+/- roundtrip miles, with 5,000'+ gain.
Thursday afternoon, meet on White Mountain Road and ski in several miles
before dark. Friday - Sunday, ski towards summit and attempt summit climb.
Monday, ski out and drive home. Note: this route is subject to extreme
temperatures, violent winter storms that could last several days, and
blowing snow conditions. Send email with experience and conditioning to Joe
White at josephlwhite at earthlink.net.

LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Ron Norton and Joe White