[Cmcemail] New and Improved Outings Policy

CMCEmail@Californiamountaineer.com cmcemail at californiamountaineer.com
Mon Sep 8 19:12:56 EDT 2008

CMC Members -

I wanted to let everyone know about a recent change in club policies that will make it easier (that's right EASIER!) to get outings approved and out to club members.  Previously, a trip leader had to wait for the next newsletter to be published before a new trip could be announced.  In some cases this might result in a 2-3 month wait before a trip would be announced - not good if your outing is in 3 weeks!

Here's how the new procedures work:

1.  You come up with an idea for a trip (this is the hard part)
2.  Send the trip announcement to me via email (rsnorton473 at yahoo.com)
3.  I will submit to Board of Directors for approval (should take no more than a few days)
4.  After approval, the outing will be posted on
our website and distributed to members via the email listserve.
5.  Outing will be published in the next newsletter.

So if you have an idea for an early fall trip - send it to me and we'll get it approved and out to our club members in short order.

Cheers,

Ron

Ron Norton
CMC Outings Coordinator