[COG email blast] Japan & Local Concerns

admin at bpcog.org admin at bpcog.org
Thu Mar 17 10:14:07 EDT 2011

Dear friends and members at Church on the Green,

With prayer for the Japanese people and those in New Jersey flooded, lest
us remember to be merciful and mourn with all who have lost loved ones,
friends, colleagues or possessions and homes. If you would like to know
what our Presbyterian Church is doing to help, you who have access to the
Internet can search the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance program on
Facebook or at this website address:
http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/pda/. If you want to send a
tax-deductible check to this Presbyterian program, you may send it to the
Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green or the Presbyterian Church
(USA) denomination directly at the addresses below. YOU NEED TO MARK THE
CHECK "DR 000117" to go to Japan; other causes, as NJ flooding, have a
separate id number. Presbyterian Church USA, PO Box 643700,Pittsburgh, PA
15264-3700.

Also, I want to remind you that Monday, March 21st at 7:30 PM there will be
a Town Council meeting in the Municipal Building. Being proposed is a 53%
reduction in human services the town provides to residents and
organizations--as Church on the Green. The town's human services support to
100 persons a week as case management, food delivers, emergency counsel,
health inspections, etc. Fifty people restored benefits to the animal
shelter last meeting by attending and speaking out; how many can attend and
speak out for human need in our town? Helping 100 less persons a week
worsens our community's care and increases the crises many already carry.
Attend if you can.

Interim Pastor Bob Foltz-Morrison
Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green