[COG email blast] A Message from Newark Presbytery

admin at bpcog.org admin at bpcog.org
Fri Apr 30 09:18:50 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Newark Presbytery <info at newarkpresbytery.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Subject: A Message from Newark Presbytery
To: foltzmorrison at aol.com

A Time of Prayer
Come and gather for a time of prayer with your congregation, neighbors,
family and friends. Take this opportunity to expand your reach and
fellowship...

National Day of Prayer
May 6, 2010
PLEASE HELP US GET THE WORD OUT --- DISTRIBUTE IN YOUR CHURCH,
WORKPLACE, NEIGHBORHOOD Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on
the Steps of Newark City Hall, 920 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102 -
Honorable Cory A. Booker, Mayor. On this day, there will be a prayer
gathering. Hosted by: ReMA National Day of Prayer Committee - Resident
Ministers Alliance. In cooperation with Newark City Officials. ReMA Board:
Dr. Bernard J. Wilks, President, Dr. Marcus Johnson, Sr. Vice President,
and others will gather for a time of prayer. Please come join in prayer
and help to spread the word to your church, workplace and neighborhood!
For further information, please contact Dr. Bernard J. Wilks at
973-273-9200 or 973-563-5333.

The National Day of Prayer was established as an annual event in 1952 by a
joint resolution of the United States Congress and signed into law by
President Harry S. Truman. The observance of the National Day of Prayer is
founded on the constitutional rights of freedom of speech and freedom of
religion and can be celebrated by all American.

Scripture
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the
meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger
and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the
merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for
they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called
the children of God.
- Matt 5:3-9
Closing Scripture
Acts: 21: 5 But when our time was up, we left and continued on our way. All
the disciples and their wives and children accompanied us out of the city,
and there on the beach (*steps) we knelt to pray. *added for emphasis